1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of Chicken is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dnrreed, Jul 9, 2007.

1. dnrreed

dnrreed Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2007
    I posted this picture on another topic but everyone is getting confused with the chickens that the first poster stated.. So here are my chickens.. Could you please give me any info on what the chickens might be... I have never seen this one anywhere...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is our rooster... Could anyone tell me what kind he is...

[​IMG]

2. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    The top one is an Ameraucana. The bottom one looks like a Dark Brown Leghorn.

Ameraucanas

Leghorns

3. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    Isn't an Easter Egger just an Ameracauna that's not pure bred? That's what I thought, anyway!

4. dnrreed

Jul 7, 2007
    Ok thanks.. I see where easter egger is in this classification.. That is what some others have been telling me. She is very wild.. She runs wild everywhere. Hard to get a good picture of her.

5. dnrreed

Jul 7, 2007
    Yes I guess you are right.. After going to the website I realized that was the case. So I deleted that post. I know nothing about chickens. Don't even like eggs. But hubby does.

We just never seen a chicken like this.. before

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Isn't an Easter Egger just an Ameracauna that's not pure bred? That's what I thought, anyway!

An Easter Egger is a mix of a Blue Egg breed, either Ameraucana or Araucana. EEs are mutts, and you get EEs from hatcheries, no matter what they say.

That hen's an EE and the roo looks like a Brown Leghorn. Although this has already been stated. [​IMG]

7. dnrreed

Jul 7, 2007
    Yeah we got our chickens from a feed store. All were suppose to be females but got a Rooster out of the bunch. He is pretty though.. So I guess we will keep him

So what I thought was a rare chicken is just a mutt... That is sad. She is the prettest on of the bunch..
    [​IMG]

Yeah it's a duck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by