what kind of chicken lays tan eggs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RECE*2C*, Jul 7, 2010.

1. RECE*2C*

RECE*2C* In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    i was wondering what kind of chickens lay small light tan eggs?

thanks

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    lots of them. [​IMG]

Do you have a picture of the mystery bird?

3. RECE*2C*

RECE*2C* In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    i thought someone would say that ... but no i dont ... my sister and my nephew went to the county fair with my grandmother on the 4 when they were waiting by the gate to get on the tractor thing to take them to the car my nephew was reaching throw the fence (witch is no where here the chickens) and he pulled back an egg that was light tan and small she was going to bring it to the chicken tent but my grandmother would not wait for her.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    well...unless you try to hatch the egg, I suppose it will remain a mystery. [​IMG]

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    RECE*2C* :

i thought someone would say that ... but no i dont ... my sister and my nephew went to the county fair with my grandmother on the 4 when they were waiting by the gate to get on the tractor thing to take them to the car my nephew was reaching throw the fence (witch is no where here the chickens) and he pulled back an egg that was light tan and small she was going to bring it to the chicken tent but my grandmother would not wait for her.

Light tan and small reminds me of a silkie egg.​

6. RECE*2C*

RECE*2C* In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    well i did put it in a homemade incubator and i candled it today and there are veins it ... that would be awesome if it was a silkie and it does hatch, but i kind of feel bad because i dont know whose it was or how it got there.

7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Well...a chicken probably plopped down and laid it... [​IMG] I am totally kidding, of course.

Dont feel too bad. The first (and last) time I went to a chicken show, my 4-year-old was running around being crazy. I spent so much time trying to get him to use his "inside voice" didn't notice he had filled my purse with lost eggs until *splat!* it was too late.

8. burquechick

burquechick Songster

Jun 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I found this site helpful for egg identification.

9. RECE*2C*

RECE*2C* In the Brooder

May 21, 2010
    oswego
    LareePQG: that is how my nephew is he is 3 and crazy but that must have been funny

burquechick: thanks i will look and see

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Light tan and small reminds me of a silkie egg.

Or a bantam brahma, or a bantam cochin, or a ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: