What kind of chicken might this be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JessyGii, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JessyGii

JessyGii Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    I picked up my chicks from hatchery today I ordered 4 silver laced Wyandotte's, 3 Easter eggers, 3 Light Brahmas, and 3 buff Orrington's. I noticed when I got home that there was only two Easter eggers and an extra chick in the box that doesn't match any of the rest. I really want to know what kind of chicken this extra chick is. This chick is very bright yellow with a couple tiny black dabs in the feathers on its back. anyone have a idea ?

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Have a pic? Easter eggers can be white.

3. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree. From your description it could be anything, but a picture will help. [​IMG]

4. JessyGii

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    I know this is not an Easter egger chick because it doesn't have the fluff on its chin like the other two but I will put up a pic now.

5. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Actually, Easter Eggers can be non bearded, as well as bearded.

6. JessyGii

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its not the best pic but it hard to get the camera to pick up these small black spots, you can see the two dots on her head there are about 3 or 4 more dots down her back.

7. JessyGii

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    and oh I didn't know that about the Easter eggers maybe this could be that missing easter egger? the other easter eggers I have are brown with black splotches and stripes.

8. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    What color are it's legs? If they are green it's a good chance it's an EE. There are a number of breeds that have yellow chicks.

9. JessyGii

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    the legs are lighter then the other two easter egger chicks. I guess I might have to wait till it grows up a bit to be able to tell.

10. JessyGii

Nov 4, 2012
    Ohio
    now that this chick is a week old and began to grow some little wing feathers she is showing bright white feathers with little fine black penciling markings. none of my other chicks are anything like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by