What kind of chickens are these?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HalfMadMommy, Oct 4, 2012.

1. HalfMadMommy

HalfMadMommy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2012
    Fort Lupton, CO
    About 2 weeks ago, we had a chicken massacre at my house [​IMG]! My husband's STUPID DOG got a hold of all my chickens (3 JJ's, a barred rock, and 2 speckeled sexlinks) and killed them all! So now, we have learned from THAT mistake, and have reinforced the chicken coop, and the built a dog run. Stupid dog......(I'm not a "dog person"). Anyway, we are going to try this chicken thing again.

I now have 6 chicks (2 are Jersey crosses, 1 Cochen, 2 white rock mixes, and a stripey one), and 4 laying hens (1 Columbian Wyandot, 2 Buff Orpingtons, and an Easter Egger). Today, I got 4 "Pullets".....[​IMG].....for free from someone on Craigslist, but I don't know what breed they are. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if you can tell. Hopefully none of them are roos's because I don't know how to sex them, and we're not allowed to have them where we live....but then again, I'm also only supposed to have 5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. jenifry

jenifry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    South Dakota
    The dark one looks like it could be a speckled sussex, to me anyway. The mostly white one, maybe a delaware? I have no guess on the others, but I am a newbie. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by