What kind of chickens would you get if you cross a White Leghorn rooster with a Self Blue Belgian d'

Maiziedaizy

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2016
Bountiful, Utah
We keep a mixed flock, most of our chickens are full sized, but I have 3 bantams. I have a white leghorn rooster, a Self Blue Belgian d'Uccle hen and a red frizzled Cochin hen. What would I get if I let them hatch their eggs out? I've tried doing a little research, but have come up empty. Has anyone ever tried this combination?

We keep a mixed flock, most of our chickens are full sized, but I have 3 bantams. I have a white leghorn rooster, a Self Blue Belgian d'Uccle hen and a red frizzled Cochin hen. What would I get if I let them hatch their eggs out? I've tried doing a little research, but have come up empty. Has anyone ever tried this combination?

the eggs will probably be white as the leghorn white tops any colored egg gene from what I understand.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I was understanding correctly. The closest comparison I could find was a white leghorn and a slate blue something. I can't remember what, but 1/2 of her chickens came out blue and the other half were white with blue color streaks. If so, That will be beautiful! That is what I am hoping for! Thanks

Any Ideas about the White Leghorn and the red frizzled Cochin?

I was just referring to the EGG SHELL color not the feathering color. Think I must have mis-understood/read the question.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom