What kind of chicks are these?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by EJBeauchamp, May 4, 2017.

1. EJBeauchamp

EJBeauchamp New Egg

May 4, 2017
    Georgia
    This is a video of one of them "singing" and I can never catch who's doing it! I finally kept setting the tablet near them and happened to catch it (without any video pic). Have you ever heard this before??? It's pretty but unusual.

[​IMG]

First Chick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second Chick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I'm trying to figure out what these TSC chicks are! Any help or advice is appreciated! One of them is definitely singing but I don't know if it's natural or the result of the song birds in the area. It sounds pleasant though and I hear it ALL DAY, the same little chirpy song. My guess on the bottom one is Mille Fleur but the top chick I'm not sure because the leg feathers are different (it has long feathers on the leg and not the same shape or length as the bottom chick).

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Chick 1 looks like a Cochin and Chick 2 looks like a Millie Fleur d'Uccle. I listened to the video and it sounds like regular chicks making noise [​IMG]

3. EJBeauchamp

EJBeauchamp New Egg

May 4, 2017
    Georgia
    Thanks! Maybe the only ones I've raised are RIR and Barred Rocks so maybe I'm not use to how they sound lol. Instead of just the occasional chirp this one sounded more song like but whatever it is, it sounds pleasant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by