What Kind of Chicks Do I Have?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JenEGolden, May 19, 2016.

1. JenEGolden

JenEGolden Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    Georgia
    I know that the cream colored chicks are Ameraucanas, but I don't know what the black ones are. They have feathers on their legs and feet, if that helps? Also, what are the brown ones -- two of the brown ones are the same shade, and one is a darker brown? Overall, there are three cream (Ameraucana), three brown ones (??), and the rest are the black ones. I ordered the Ameraucanas, and then an "egg production pack", so I really have no idea. Thanks so much for your help!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    The creams and browns are probably Easter Eggers (if you got them from a hatchery/feedstore) Though some of them might be red Sex Link or a production red. The barred ones (black) are probably Cuckoo Marans if they have feathered feet, what kind of combs do the black ones have?

3. JenEGolden

JenEGolden Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    Georgia
    Here is a close up of the black ones...
    [​IMG]

What do you think?? Thanks so much for your help, by the way!

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    You have 5 Easter Eggers, a Production Red, an Australorp (the all black one), some Cuckoo Marans (white skin and beaks), and Barred Rocks (yellow skin and beaks).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by