What kind of duck is this?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lanicus, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Lanicus

Lanicus Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I bought this little duckling two days ago an i can't figure out what breed it is..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Probably a magpie. Is this your first and only duck so far?

3. Lanicus

Sep 9, 2012
    Oklahoma
    No I've got 9 other little ducklings in there with him.. I pretty much know what they are but I can't tell on this one..

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    He could be an Ancona, but it depends on where you got him from. Also, see the thread where I ask about ducklings with multi-colored feet. I found out there are a number of breeds with "party shoes," as Wildpeas calls them.

Hope we hear from you regularly!

How's everyone doing? Have you read the stickies, and jdywntr's advice on ducklings yet?

[​IMG]

5. Lanicus

Sep 9, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I guess we will just have to wait ad see how he turns out! I dont think i have read any if those i dont think, where can I find them? I raised some ducklings last year ad did pretty good but im always open to advice!

6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    The stickies are in a link in the blue banner at the top of the duck forum. Congrats! That is a little cutie with some interesting markings. It could be magpie, ancona, or a really weirdly marked black swedish. Regarless, it is cute.

7. Lanicus

Sep 9, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Thanks! Im leaning towards magpie but im still not sure, I got him at Atwoods cause he looked so different from the others. I dont know if they would sell magpies though. I have some black swedish ducklings and they dont have as much yellow on them.

8. Lanicus

Sep 9, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Here are some more a week later. Cant get the little guy to stay still!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

I would wait untill he grows up and then do some reaserch to find out what breed he is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by