1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

what kind of duckling?? runner, cayuga, or east indies???(NEW PICS!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sunket77, May 20, 2011.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I picked up this little guy at the feed store, it was in with a bunch of mallards so it peaked my interest! [​IMG] we have black calls and two new ducklings. This little one stands up more than the calls do and has a longer body, of course I know it's not a bantam so it's going to be bigger. What do yall think it is? It's got to be runner, cayuga or east indies b/c that is what ideal sells. It seems to be a bit lighter than my black call duckling with a brown tint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]NEW

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, that duckling is so unidentifiable you simply have to send it to me. Can't have any duckling you can't identify - so I'll be glad to take it off your hands. It will fit right in with my 3 black bibbed calls and 4 Cayugas. I like black ducks. Don't care what they are. You certainly need something far more breed-specific.

<*peeking through fingers*>
    Didja buy that recommendation?

3. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Eveyander

Eveyander Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    I know what it is!!!![​IMG] Absolutly ADORABLE!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lol

5. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    Quote:[​IMG] sorry! I am already in love [​IMG] hehe! it runs up to my neck and cuddles!! so sweet! seems to be more loving than the calls already, I knew ducks where cute and fun to have but I didn't realize they could be so different in personality when it comes to affection!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am totally turning to the web footed side lol! these are our first ducklings and no matter how much people tell me they are messy, I am going ducky!!

6. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    Oh my he is sooo cute!!

What did the feed store "think" he/she was? (Please dont' tell me Mallard [​IMG] )

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh my, that is just about the cutest thing ever! I would say black runner. Cayuga ducklings "stoop" over a lot more. I'm not sure about BEI ducklings.

8. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Im going to say Cayuga...he looks to be too breasty at this young age to be Runner, even stooped over my Runners dont have a big breast like that. Hes sure is cuuuute tho [​IMG]

9. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I'm going to go with Cayuga too. Mine would stand up straight like that a lot, turns out maybe they were just curious and trying to get a better view! lol VERY cute![​IMG]

10. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    [​IMG]

Here is Skittles now [​IMG] anymore guesses?? He/she is wet just went for a swim in the tub and is already 3 times bigger than out little call duckling who is older!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by