1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what kind of ducks are these?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bvdave, Jun 8, 2016.

1. bvdave

bvdave New Egg

Mar 17, 2014
    Hello! I have had chickens for a while, but looking at getting ducks as well! my wife and I had decided to find some Pekin ducks, however they seem to be hard to find this year, apparently illness cleared out this type from most of the local hatcheries a year ago so supply is quite low.. we found someone online selling Pekin ducks, when we asked for a picture we received this.

every pekin duck ive seen was pure white, are there different varieties (eg orpington chickens come in buff, black, blue etc)
    are they crosses?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Spyderk117

Spyderk117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Wisconsin
    There are two Pekins in the bunch and Rouens and I think Blue Swedish as well. The Pekins are the yellow ones. That black duck is blocking the view of the Pekins.

1 person likes this.
  3. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    x2 and [​IMG]

4. Spyderk117

Spyderk117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Thanks!

5. bvdave

bvdave New Egg

Mar 17, 2014
    Thank you, that's what I figured. the person selling said they were all pekin ducks but I found that hard to believe, but being new to ducks i figured id come here and ask!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by