What kind of ducks do I have?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by carolynm, Oct 7, 2011.

1. carolynm

carolynm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Bailey, CO
    I was given this pair (I call them a pair -I have no idea if they are a "pair") of ducks. Any ideas of what kind they might be? They are about 14 weeks old. I call them "Harriet and Carter". One just flew a little this morning -should I clip wings?

[​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They look like mutts of some sort. As for boy or girl, do they quack loudly or make a raspy quiet quack noise?

3. carolynm

carolynm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Bailey, CO
    They make a waa waa waa sound...not sure if they both do or not as they are always together and the sound comes from their general direction lol.

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    The left one might have some buff in it. And the blue one might have some Blue swedish in it.

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    They are Barnyard Specials. The gray one looks part Blue Swedish and it is crested. The brown one could be anything.

The females will occasionally let out an ear splitting Quack Quack Quack. If they are going wa wa and sounding a bit like a wind up toy, you've got drakes.

At any rate, they are very pretty.

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    the one on the left does look buff-ish. Sounds like you might have 2 boys.

7. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    if they are males i think they should have curls on their tails but i cant tell from the picture. the brown one looks like a khaki campbell but i'm no expert on breeds. also look up blue swedish crested duck..but again im no expert i just happened to have the book right in front of me haha if i am right then the black bill on the right should mean its a girl right? [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  8. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

You sure have cute ducks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by