What kind of eggs are these??

BigDaddy'sGurl

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
Wilkesboro NC
I was at the "cattle sale" in my hometown this morning (local Monday tradition for when I'm off work: yardsale stuff, some poultry, food, etc) and I spied some Coturnix quail for 2.00 each. They were adults, and the seller was kind enough to sex them for me. I'm pretty sure I got three ladies to go with my one rooster and hen at home. They also mentioned that they had a bag of quail hatching eggs, and since they were only selling coturnix quail there, I assumed, like an idiot, that the eggs would be obviously coturnix too. I got a paper bag of 70 for 3.00. Didn't look at them first, because 3.00 seemed like a heck of a deal, and when I got home, imagine my surprise when this is what I found: (keep in mind the pic is of the eggs I won't be incubating because they were cracked...that's not what I'm concerned about, and yes, the color of the eggs is bleach WHITE...all of them. I found around a dozen cracked, but again, I'm not worried about that)

63116_101_1918.jpg

So WHAT kind of eggs do I have?? They are mostly fairly large for coturnix, and ALL are solid white. Any spots you see are either cracks or poo...please help so I know how long to incubate them!!!

They look like Bobwhite eggs. Bobwhite eggs should hatch about day 23.
smile.png

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking and I'm a little disappointed...I had some bobwhites once and they were the flightiest quail I'd ever seen! My Coturnix will let me reach my hand in amongst them without much fuss...the bobwhites would fly loose the moment I looked at them! Thanks for your opinion on the eggs! : )

Ah well looks like the consensus is BobWhite. Guess I will be selling them as they hatch, lol. Been there, don't wanna go back. : )

Thanks all!

If they aint dragg'n each other around the brooder by the foot, or peck'in one an other on the head, they get kinda boring!!! Bill

Back
Top Bottom