what kind of eggs are they

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by twotmama, Mar 27, 2009.

1. twotmama

twotmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    I have bought new hens recently and I have the weirdest eggs they are white with brown specks all over it: what kind of chickens lay these I have never seen them before. I bought several just want to know what kind, I would download pictures, but I don't know how. And one more thing how can you tell a duck, goose egg, and a turkey egg apart.?

Duck and goose i got, but I know my turkey should be laying and I can't tell them apart.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

3. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Cool. white with brown speckles.

I have two red stars. red stars are meant to lay brown eggs, but Feathers lays brown with small black speckles at the bottom end, and Eggie lays brown with large white smears and blobs all over! Sometimes Eggie's eggs even go pinkish.

Perhaps your chickens are just a bit different.

4. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    If someone could tell me how I would upload a picture they are so cool. Large white chicken eggs with brown specks all over it. Anyone out there know how to determine a turkey egg from a duck and goose egg?

5. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    go to the top of the page -in the blue highlighted area- find uploads -click there- look for the place that says file with a window and the browse box at the end- click it. It takes you to your files find your picture click on it. It then is uploaded to the site- be sure to finish though by clicking the resize and by clicking submit-- The pic will appear in your uploads -look at it by clicking on- my uploads- in the bottom right hand corner of the uploads page. When you have it this far- copy and paste the image (the 2nd line) in your post. and val-la! It took me a while to get it to..

Edited to say -I want to see those eggs but I don't know anything about Turkey eggs, muscoveys are bit like a pea cock eggs big nad whitish sort of waxy but not really.

Susan

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  6. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    Thanks for the help, but I can't figure it out all my pictures are to large. And I saw my turkey laying an egg there turkey eggs I never seen one Thanks for the help.

7. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Turkeys lay a speckled egg: light tan color with darker tan specks all over the egg: at least the breed I keep does.

8. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    I have a bronze and I have never seen one. My first turkeys eggs I am so excited and I have finally got to broody hens and they are setting on the turkey eggs. I can't wait!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by