Sep 6, 2020
The first picture is a Cayuga egg to the right and this small about the size of a chicken egg on the left. I have another thread about that egg specifically if I can find out how to add a link to this thread I will. The smaller egg is almost a shade of green. The Cayuga egg is grey, the photos don’t pick up the color as well. The next picture is the same Cayuga egg next to this giant white egg we have been getting. They are huge!

Was curious if anyone could guess who is lying it?? Our Hens-
Silver swedish
Black Swedish
Cayuga
Welsh harlequin
2 blue runners
Fawn and white runner
Buff
Saxony
Golden 300
Silver appleyard
Rouen

We know it is not our Cayuga and we know our golden 300 lays white eggs but they aren’t this big. About same size as our Cayuga but a little skinnier.

Attachments

• 464BC8E0-D578-4827-A1D4-2004064870F9.jpeg
    464BC8E0-D578-4827-A1D4-2004064870F9.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 72384C59-95FD-4C04-AE1D-74F6E35F3EF2.jpeg
    72384C59-95FD-4C04-AE1D-74F6E35F3EF2.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 6
My Swedish lays tinted eggs like that.
Like which one? The green tint I’m thinking might be a runner ducks bc it is so small. I know the gray tinted one is our cayugas and I was thinking our jumbo sized egg could possibly bc a Swedish because they are some of our bigger breeds but we aren’t sure

Swedish, Cayuga and runners can all lay black eggs that slowly gray. Anyone can lay the blueish green egg. It is far more common with runners. I have a Pekin who lays green eggs, a Cayuga who lays white eggs and a swedish who lays black eggs. You can't really tell by size and color always. Most of my ducks I have figured out because I had to separate them or caught them laying an egg on a nest. A lot of the time I have no idea who lays what. Too many have very similar eggs.

Swedish, Cayuga and runners can all lay black eggs that slowly gray. Anyone can lay the blueish green egg. It is far more common with runners. I have a Pekin who lays green eggs, a Cayuga who lays white eggs and a swedish who lays black eggs. You can't really tell by size and color always. Most of my ducks I have figured out because I had to separate them or caught them laying an egg on a nest. A lot of the time I have no idea who lays what. Too many have very similar eggs.
Good info! Thanks!!

Is that a welsh harlequin in your profile pic?

Back
Top Bottom