What kind of evil...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by FriendlyFlyer, Nov 10, 2011.

1. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    My cat was found dead yesterday, killed by a heartless person trying to have "fun". My cat (as recently posted before) was missing for 5 days until last night. Someone found him on the side of the road, but he wasn't hit, no, that would have been too generous...My cat Lynx is the sweetest boy. He cuddles with anyone and puts up with anything. He is always there to greet me whenever I step outside. He loved life, and he loved me, just as much as I loved him. Then, last week, Lynx went for a walk just like any other day. Sometime within the first couple of days he got trapped, in a trap set for muskrats (not our traps) down our road in the ditch. He must have been stuck there for days, getting rained on and snowed on. He must have been scared to death. Then someone came along and found him in the trap, but since it wasn't a muskrat the person must have felt they needed to kill him...so he was either shot or beaten to death. One of the most horrid details, is that he had a white collar, one which easily stood out against his brown fur. What kind of evil do you have to be to do such a thing....

2. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I am so sorry to hear this - I had just read your other post about him being missing. [​IMG]

Just let me EVER find anyone doing something like that - I only need 5 minutes...they'd find out what it felt like.

[​IMG] RIP Lynx. I have an outdoor cat who's the same way with us, I was hoping he'd be back soon. [​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I am so sorry. In this case, I'd take all the evidence to animal control, and see if they can find the culprit and press charges. People can be so cruel sometimes. [​IMG]

4. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Very sorry about your cat. If he was found on the side of the road, how do you know he was in a trap?

5. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    so sorry to hear about your loss..

6. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    That's horrible!!! I can't believe some people would do that.... [​IMG] [​IMG] but hey, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I have no idea how people can treat animals in such a way and actually sleep at night.
    I am very sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

8. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    I think traps set out legally in this state have to have an identifying mark on them. If you can find the trap, take a very close look.

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm so sorry. Losing a pet to illness is bad enough. Losing one to a creep like that makes it so much harder. [​IMG] Are you sure that that is what happened? So sorry.

10. FriendlyFlyer

FriendlyFlyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Of course I'm sure that's what happened. The man who found Lynx saw him thrown up on a hill next to a dead opossum...up from the trap. I'm POSITIVE he didn't conveniently die in that spot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by