1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of feather-legged banty is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kristenm1975, Mar 25, 2009.

1. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    [​IMG]

I had some kind soul pick up three little banties from the Oak Harbor feed store this morning as I wasn't able to get there before they sold out. I asked her to grab anything that looked like a silkie or a frizzle, and these are what she picked out. She said the two yellow ones in front have 5 toes and look to be white silkies, but that back one that's gray and yellow is a mystery. I'll post more pics when I get to pick my babies up on Friday, but until then, anyone got a guess?

Thanks!

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    They don't appear to have dark skin, which is a count against them being silkies (although they are hatchery birds so faults are common). Possibly sultans? The buff/grey one could be a light partridge silkie with incorrect skin colour. Or perhaps a porcelain d'uccle?

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:My best guess would be porcelain d'uccle...

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    DID I HEAR SOMEBODY SAY BLUE COCHIN?

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Ummm, no? At least one (left, front) looks like it may have a vaulted skull, and 5 toes do not a cochin make [​IMG]
    I doubt the pale yellow & grey is a blue--splash maybe; more likely patterned in some manner.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    the one in the back looks like it has the *cheeks*, does it?

7. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    The little yellow one looks like a sultan I have two that look just like it>

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by