What kind of feed do you feed your rabbit?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Willow's Meadow, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm using pelleted horse feed because all rabbit food here is either crap or more than $2/lb at the petstore. The feed store pellets are just plain pathetic. A bunch of mystery grain products. Rabbits are grazing animals with a similar digestive tract and dietary need as horses. They require hay and grass based feeds or other high fiber sources. Small amounts of grain are ok and useful for putting on weight but overall animals that evolved to graze on grass and other plants digest grains poorly and do best if they can be fed without them. So I found horse pellets with no grain products made up of chopped alfalfa and beet pulp with vitamins and minerals added.

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Regular old rabbit pellets and hay. My house bun mostly eats hay, only maybe 1/4 cup of pellets a day.

4. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Mine are getting King Feed pellets, and mix of their Combo and Lifelong Natural.

5. NicInNC

NicInNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    North Carolina
    Rabbit Pellets from TSC, Timothy Hay and we also let our bunny run free in the yard daily for an hour or two. He never goes any farther than then neighbors house behind us and he always comes back and hangs out under our camper.

6. ladycrotalus

ladycrotalus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Massena, NY
    I get Manna Pro or Manna Gro from TSC and i give em lots of hay.

7. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ive heard oxbow pellets is the best feed you can buy

8. LV426

LV426 Chillin

Jul 16, 2008
    I feed Mazuri Rabbit chow and timothy hay.

9. Tinted

Tinted Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    Kentucky
    I feed Purina Show Formula to all my rabbits, and I mix Manapro Gro in with my show Dutch.

10. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    we just got our first rabbit. Jersey something. We got Rural king feed and it says it helps reduce the smell. Does anyone believe that? That rabbit stinks. Can we give him a bath?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by