What kind of goats?

bbRedMom

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
Central Arkansas
I am considering these goats as companions for my Rosie. What kind to you think they are? The woman said the two outside goats are 100% Boer, but I think there is something else in the mix...

016_13.jpg

017_14.jpg

They look like boer cross nubian to me.

I have a pair of boys from the same kidding, same parents - mother is a nubian, father is a boer, one looks 100% boer the other looks 100% nubian.

The spotted one on the left is my pick. He'll sure be handsome when he grows out. Give him a year+ to do all of his growing.

I'd like to take all of them, but the Brown and white one is a buck, and we just aren't set up for a buck and kids. And I'm not even sure he fertile-him and the doe (center) have been together nonstop for a year, at least two heat cycles, and no babies. So one of them is shooting blanks.

So I'm either going to just take the whether on the right, or see if they would split the cost of gelding him. It would be a bout $30 each.

They are about 1.5 years old, so I know he is waaayy beyond the rubber band method

Last edited:
I went and saw the goats today.

They are sooo pretty.

Hemi, the buck on the left, is georgeous. Absolutely georgeous. I'd say 75% Boer, from what I've learned on this board and elsewhere.

Of course, I forgot my camera!

I pick them up Friday. Soooo excited!

Back
Top Bottom