What kind of golden is he? New pic. added

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I traded a lady some red eggs for some yellow and this little guy is what I got. I do not think that he is a yellow but I really have no idea what he could be. I was thinking that he might be a cinnamon but he is not changing colors at all like the others who are younger than he is. If anything he keeps getting lighter in color. Any help would be great.

16250_101_2666.jpg

16250_101_2671.jpg

This is him as a chick.
16250_101_2396.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Does anyone have a picture of a cinnamon golden?
AK_Button_Mama, I have this picture for my screen saver with the caption "Does this make my butt look big?" I laugh every time I see it.

"He" is a she. She has the tail feathers of a female. The easiest way to tell in Goldens, mixed or otherwise, is to look at their eyes. Females have dark pupils while males have an extremely bright "golden" eye color.

Compare the 1st pic to the 2nd pic; the darker one is a male (barred pattern on the tail feathers, while the bird in question has a different pattern). I do not have a picture, but she looks like a Buff or a cross between a buff and a Cinnamon.

This birds eyes are light. Maybe not quite as light as in my reds but definitely not the dark of a female ( going by my reds). Can the eyes of a mutt female be light in color? I will try to get a better pic of the eyes to see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom