What kind of goose is she?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by iamcuriositycat, May 28, 2010.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I just adopted a white goose from a waterfowl rescue, and they told me she's an embden... but the pictures I see of embdens don't have a crest on their bill. She has a crest at the top of her bill. I know everyone's going to want to see pics, and I know that would make it easier... but I don't have a way to put pics on my computer right now--it's an ancient thing someone gave me and it won't accept any of the forms of media my camera uses. Anyway--she's white, with a longer neck than my toulouse, and her bill has that funny crest on the top--a big nub--I've seen others like her, but I don't know what they are.

Thanks for any help!

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Wait--I figured it out! She's a white chinese. She's so pretty!!

Sweet girl too--they found her by the side of the road with her wing run over and her crest bruised & scraped. They had to amputate part of her wing (it is still bandaged). I couldn't believe how calm she was today when I went to pick her up and they were cutting away the dead tissue and re-bandaging her wing for us--it took them an hour and she just sat in the lady's lap, panting and drooling but not putting up any sort of fuss.

They say she's great with other animals and with people, and my toulouse gander is FASCINATED by her. She's in a pen by herself right now but where she can see and be seen. The ducks are only mildly interested and keep trying to get my gander to come down to the lake with them, but he is way too interested. I hope they hit it off!! Anyone ever seen toulouse/chinese mix babies? Hee hee. Anyway, I just hope she makes him happy. He's a good boy and deserves it. And of course I hope she's happy here too.

3. Goosehaven

Goosehaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    That's wonderful that you took her in. She sounds like a sweetie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by