What kind of grandmother??!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Squishy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    So I just came from a super funny conversation with mom [​IMG]

We decided (together) we ought to see what you all think [​IMG]

I have promised for years now that when mother turns into an old lady (*cough* [​IMG] ) she is going to be living with me and my family. Because I could not see her all alone. This has led to some hilarious on-going two-way teasing about bedtimes and food choices and other stuff (don't ask [​IMG])

Tonight Mom mentions that she still hasn't decided yet what kind of grandmother she wants to be in her old age...

The cantankerous old lady who runs people over in her hover-round in the supermarket and generally gets her own way...

Or the sweet, cheerful old lady who gives the grandkids sweets and stories and lessons on kniting ...

Or the one who saves the former for the adults and the latter for the grandkids [​IMG]

I *suppose* I'll love her regardless [​IMG]

So... which do you think you would you be? And which do you think mom should go for?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I've always said that I want to live in a nursing home. They will have to feed me, pick up after me, and do my laundry. I am really looking forward to BINGO on Tuesdays. [​IMG]

I guess I'll be nice to the kids and cranky with the adults. If they don't treat me well......I'll be the crazy old lady that runs down the street wearing nothing but her dentures. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    Cantankerous.

My friend's mom whacked a poor hospital intern with a cane when he said he wanted to weigh her. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The Princess has taken choice # 3.

Sourland is becoming a troll/hermit (except to his grandchildren.)

5. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    I'm going to be a snappy one, no one mess with me when I'm old...unless I mellow out. [​IMG] No one messes with me now, so I'm not sure which one I will be when I'm old.

6. Gypsi

Gypsi Chillin' With My Peeps

I am the cranky old lady who minds her own business, keeps secrets from her kids, brings the grandkids out for the weekend, and like Las Vegas, "What happens at grandma's stays at grandma's" Although I may post the pic of my granddaughter in leather gloves brandishing my drill after we built a cabinet together on Facebook.

They get to be their age out here. No schedules, leave the truck parked, tend the chickens, chase the frogs, build stuff, make stuff, all the things my daughters had but have outgrown, without those niceties about germs and cheerleading classes and stuff.

I intend to live here, feeding my feral cats, chasing off the coyotes and hawks, tending my gardens, chickens and bees, until I die. Don't plan to remarry either. A guy would definitely get in the way. So crazy old lady, (crazy cat lady, crazy dog lady), yup, that's me.

And I gather I'm just like my maternal grandmother. Who died at 80, of a heart attack at night, in her own house. But she didn't run off and become a contractor at 40 either...

Gypsi

7. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I am so looking forward to being a cranky old hermit that I already started practicing. [​IMG] I mean [​IMG]

8. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I think they invented the word Curmudgeon just for me.

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Im an old lady now [​IMG] Well not that old but I have always said I will be the old lady that has blue hair and says exactly what I want. My kids also add that I will dress like Peg Bundy. My grandkids call me chicken grandma. But really I refuse to grow old and will never grow up!

10. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    My grandma's a bit weird in the head, as they say. My parents say I have some of her physical traits, so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it. I'll probably become a cranky one with a soft spot for the grandkids (that's assuming I have my own kids first, which is looking increasingly more unlikely!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by