what kind of hen is this? (UPDATED 4/17 pic)

Is she this size??? The camera is not working to well but...
This is one of my Serama hens, my other has a larger dark comb and more of a splash color, I will try to get a picture of the one that resembles yours more if the size seems right, but I have to take this camera apart and figure it out... might be able to get one more... I think the kids spilt milk on it lol, and they lay all winter and are very broody.
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/PQCraig/DSCF2746.jpg

Quote:
Gosh how i wish it were. But im guessing shes a medium size gal, compared the other one in the picture. C & C doesnt have seramas

sad.png
waaaaahhhhhhh
hit.gif

She looks like a Delaware to me with the black markings. I have 4 Delawares and she appears to have the same body type and leg coloring. Pretty bird no matter what.

Anne

Quote:
And by showing me that pic you have agreed to ship me serama eggs....

muah ha ha ha

lol.png
as soon as they get off there own eggs
lol.png

I have had 12 new babies hatch this week....

I have no idea what she is, but she sure is a cutie
love.gif

It has alway's been very funny to me that people would assume that just because a hen is labeled a "non setter" that she "can not" go broody!! There is no way to know that. I guess my hens missed that part of class, lol!

She looks like my girl though in the picture yours look to be less compact than mine. My girl is quite stocky and lays a large creamy white egg with a kind of powder coat to it. Mine also has the odd black feather, slate coloured legs and a black beak. I don't know exactly what mine is either, but I've told it a california white look alike.

7166_dsc_3082.jpg

Quote:
yeah those look alike! hmmm once i get her home, ill get more pics. I wish i knew what she was. I dont care, but im just curious. Her name is Broofy

I'd like to see better pictures. Her skin looks so neat!

I know its not a Serama, she looks big. (How big is she?)
Seramas also have very short backs, if it has a long back like that, it is not a Serama.
They should be short like this....
Pics-of-Chics-092-1.jpg

or this hen...
see how the hackles almost touch the base of the tail....
Pics-of-Chics-090-1.jpg

It looks like a Standard sized bird..?

Back
Top Bottom