What Kind of Hens do I have?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by biteme2134, Nov 14, 2014.

1. biteme2134

biteme2134 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2013
    GA
    My Coop
    I was given 3 new hens and they're about a week into isolation. The lady didn't know what kind they were. I'm pretty sure one is a Rhode Island. The other two (to my eye) seem to have some either Americauna or EE gene in them. She said they all lay brown eggs (which they haven't continued yet after losing their companion to a dog and now moving to my house). Not the best pictures I know as they're still skittish. The second picture has what I think is the Rhode Island on the right. The other three have the two different ones. Their speckled backs is what's throwing me off. I think the third picture gives the best detail on the back coloring.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Perhaps Partridge Rocks and a production red.

1 person likes this.
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that you have two Partridge Rocks or partridge rock mixes, and a Production Red (hatchery quality Rhode Island Red).

1 person likes this.
  4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You have two Partridge Rocks and a Production Red.

1 person likes this.
  5. biteme2134

biteme2134 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2013
    GA
    My Coop
    Thanks! I knew you guys would figure it out. I'd never heard of a partridge rock! We have light brahma, orphingtons, barred rocks, leg horns, and another red BUT I'd never heard of a partridge rock. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by