What kind of incubator do you use for quail and chicken eggs?

TwoShepherds

Crowing
Apr 4, 2019
Southeast TN
Hello everyone! I think I'm going to be adding some quail to our menagerie in the next few months, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to want to hatch out some eggs eventually. What kind of incubator do you all use? I'd like it to be fully automatic and as easy for beginners as possible. I'd also like to use it for chicken eggs (not at the same time as the quail eggs).

My top choice right now is the Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator on Amazon.

Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator | 360 Degree & View

I've been reading reviews and some people say the automatic turner won't work with quail eggs, you have to turn them manually. Others say it works fine with quail eggs, you just put two eggs in each slot. Just wondering if any of you have used this incubator or if there is a better choice. I wouldn't be able to manually turn the eggs on the days I work, so if the automatic features won't work with quail eggs, I'd look for something else.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

Last edited:
I just bought a Lumia 16 from Borotto, I haven't hatched anything yet, but everyone talks very well about this brand. These incubators have special holes (I don't know how to call them, sorry😂😅) where you can put a chicken/duck/goose egg or 4 quail eggs.
real-sistema-alveoli-universale.jpg

(Not my photo)
You can buy the incubators with or without eggturner, but to know and automatically control the humidity you have to buy also their humidificator, Sirio (I bought it too, so I don't have to check the water level so many times)

I just bought a Lumia 16 from Borotto, I haven't hatched anything yet, but everyone talks very well about this brand. These incubators have special holes (I don't know how to call them, sorry😂😅) where you can put a chicken/duck/goose egg or 4 quail eggs.
View attachment 2378765
(Not my photo)
You can buy the incubators with or without eggturner, but to know and automatically control the humidity you have to buy also their humidificator, Sirio (I bought it too, so I don't have to check the water level so many times)

Thanks! I will look that one up. It looks really well made. I love how the tray holds different sizes of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom