What kind of Loon posts on BYC?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chikkenfriend, Sep 5, 2014.

1. chikkenfriend

chikkenfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    Definition:
    Loon: some kind of crazy bird

You so crazy!

Have you ever asked yourself, why? Why do you spend your evenings searching, looking, checking posts, checking subscriptions, checking unanswered? Why?

Holy buckets! I did. Not so sure about the answer I got.

The justifying answer is knowledge. I KNOW what chicken poop looks like! I have knowledge because of BYC. And I know so much more now, thanks to our good ole Backwards Chickens…

Those of you who know me, know that I’m joking.

But? Why do you post?

I think I’ve figured out why I do it. I just so happen to enjoy the applause. Truly. Please, allow me to explain.

This is the first (and only) place that I have found, where I see folk that I can truly RESPECT. It really is that simple. Do you know arkansa55? Frindizzle? And so many more! Real folk getting with the program. Oh! Ooh. What about Sill? Most of the people I know, I couldn’t care half a hair less about what they think of me. You know these folk. At work and other places. But when someone touches your heart? What then? When you know what moves them? Oh, kinda changes thangs, don’t it?

The point is that we allot some time to this place. The question is why do you do it? I have found many, many reasons why I do.

Yes, I was an erudite, newbie, rookie, dumda$$. Ok, let’s get over that one. That’s too easy.

I like this one. I just so happen to enjoy hearing about somebody’s plan going right! Sill!! Holy smokes!! And, there ain’t nuthin that beats praising a fellow doing an awesome job!!

This is a big one. Getting the opportunity to praise and encourage someone that is a paragraph ahead of you on the same page as oneself? Kind of a biggie, no yes?? Reminds me of the slap upside the head you guys gave me.

Oh yeah, I got with the program. Prep. Grow. Chickens!!! Oh fun!! But I was new. (Cut me a little slack) I thought myself ahead of all those humans who ain’t got a clue!! Then I, in my research, found BYC) holy buckets. This was the first slap.

Thought myself so smart. Yeah. Uh huh.

Let us please move on.

I think there is love there too. 55? Dizzle? I feel you. You are the ones who make this (and me) grow. I want to be like you in this too. On my part, new as I am, I hope to encourage Mrs. Sill. DW rockin’ her heart out!

I guess I need to go listen to my chickens. My dogs. My wife? Maybe I can help here like you guys have helped me.

Gotta love BYC. And I do love my birds, dogs. Oh Lord, even my wife!!

God bless you all!!

2. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    I think BYC is as much about re assurance on your birds health and well being
    As it is being able to relate to similar minded chicken and other feathery species lovers

I feel a connection and understanding, not everyone has the same views( some raised eyebrows when I said my chicken slept with me when it was unwell, some even crazier members chickens sleep with them even when they aren't ill!)

But even with the different members approaches , here's one I plucked earlier, here's my chickens testicals I've just cut out( ouch ) here my chicken in its new dress and diaper

We all have the same thing in common
    We care about animals
    Which makes us the best people in the world( albeit crazy)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. chikkenfriend

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    Oh my!! you are a crazy chikken lady!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Times two on Pinkaboo. :eek:)

1 person likes this.
  5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I love it "here".
    Great place to learn and some times even help. It's a nice spot to sit while I drink my coffee, share my interests and no one thinks it weird that occasionally there is a chicken sitting on my kitchen counter, or a duck in my bath tub. So many people here know so much and to them,the un-judging, reassuring, helpful, caring "animal nuts" I say thanks.
    I post and search because it feels good.
    Come on there's a fire wood thread!!
    Canning, ferrets, gardening, dogs, cats, kids.
    Home school support group! Crazy!
    BYC rocks :)

6. chikkenfriend

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop

That pretty much sums it up.

7. Chickabee Honey

Chickabee Honey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2014
    Atascadero CA
    I'm new to BYC but i turn to all of you to entertain, train, encourage and remind me that when my Abuelita is telling me i need to fence my chix in, and all i can think is "but then they won't lay eggs in my windowbox" that i am not alone!

8. chikkenfriend

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop

My abue let all hers run loose! In the house even!! :confused:

9. Chickabee Honey

Chickabee Honey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2014
    Atascadero CA
    lol, that's my house. i love watching them and the cats commune on the lawn.

10. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    Hey you, don't go around offending loons, my Auggie was very upeset
    [​IMG]
    Lol I'm just kidding ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by