1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of Peacock do I have?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Ariel91, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Ariel91

Ariel91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Titusville Florida
    Hello, I recently got a 5-6 month old peachick. I'm pretty sure it's a he, but I have no idea what kind he is. The old owner didn't know either. His little crown has some white feathers and his whole belly is white. But I don't know if that's because he's a chick or that's his colors. When we first got him he had a little white on his legs and a couple blue/green feathers om the back of his neck. Now nearly his whole neck is colorful and the bright feathers are Laced in white and the spots on his legs have engulfed his whole underside. Anyone know what kind he is?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

India Blue

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Pretty blue boy
    [​IMG]

4. Ariel91

Aug 12, 2014
    Titusville Florida
    Cool beans, thanks, guys! Just out of curiosity though, is the one white crown feather normal to the Blues or is it just a baby feather kind of thing?

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I have only had 2 peachicks in the last two years with one white crown feather and no white on the birds except the wings and it molted out to the normal color but my pieds i kept that have white in the crown area they aways kept their white crown feathers.

Guess it will just have to be a suprise [​IMG]

6. Ariel91

Aug 12, 2014
    Titusville Florida
    Awesome, thanks so much. I can't wait to see if he keeps his white crown feather and white belly. :D

7. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Your pretty boy may keep that white crown feather but will definitely lose the white belly!

[​IMG]

8. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I have two blue chicks that have white crest feathers too, I will have to wait to find out just like you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by