1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

What kind of polish is this roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FancyHairChickenLover, Jul 4, 2010.

1. FancyHairChickenLover

FancyHairChickenLover In the Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    Canton, Georgia
    We got our first rooster yesterday and the only thing the feed store knew to call it was a polish. What would you call him?
    [​IMG]

2. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Songster

Jul 4, 2009
    He is a very nice looking Silver Laced Polish Rooster.

3. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Songster

Jul 4, 2009
    Oh, He is also considered a Bearded Polish

4. FancyHairChickenLover

Jul 3, 2010
    Canton, Georgia
    Thank you. He certainly has a lot of, ummmm, personality. We didn't realize that roosters act so differently than hens.

5. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Songster

Jul 4, 2009
    Yeah, I love the polish breed. We sold most of ours though. And kept a Trio of Silver Laced. Is yours Bantam or Standard.

6. FancyHairChickenLover

Jul 3, 2010
    Canton, Georgia
    He's a standard. We didn't want any Roos, but we saw him at the feedstore and I couldn't pass him by. My wife says I'm a sucker for a chicken with a fancy hairdo. Now we have one Appenzeller Spitzhauben, a golden polish, a blue silkie, and a silver laced polish roo for our "fancy hair" chickens.

7. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Songster

Jul 4, 2009
    It's probably a gold laced that you have. Yeah there hair do's are cool. I got rid of most of my flighty birds. You would definately love silkies then. They have Hair do's on there head also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: