What kind of pressure washer do you have?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, May 17, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I am looking to purchase a pressure washer to use out in the chicken yard. I want to spray my open air/raised coops (wire floors), inside walls of my chicken coops/houses (as needed to remove poop and dirt), knock down cob webbs on the outside of my chicken and anything else that needs high powered cleaning. Right now I am cleaning and scrubbing everything by hand with soap and water and my back is killing me. It's taking me all day long to do my chores on the weekend in the chicken yard. I need to reduce my cleaning time and the amount of torture that I am putting on my back.

Who has a pressure washer? What kind of pressure washer would you suggest I purchase to take care of this type of work in the chicken yard?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know what model we have and I haven't used it in the chicken coop (coop is FAR from the house and hose/electric won't reach that far), but we've used it to clean the house, deck and stuff. I LOVE the way they clean! Although, oddly, they don't work on webs. It always amazes me how hard you can hit a spiderweb with that thing and they just won't come down - those suckers are tough!

I wish I could figure out a way to use it on hubby's shower. [​IMG]

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    We have an electric Campbell-Hausfeld, which has failed after one season. Pulled it out this year, plugged it in, turned it on and it just sat there. Add that to the fact that the detergent canisters leaked from the get-go, and I DO NOT recommend that brand. We still haven't found anyone to work on whatever its problem is.

4. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    You can get a quality one from a pawn shop or off of Craigslist. I would suggest at least a 2400 psi/ 3-4 gal. a minute.

Small engines are pretty much the same across the board, but I swear by a Honda engine...The actual pump which does the work is only manufactured by a few companies, and have been tried and tested for years...They do wear out, but should last a homeowner, for years.
    Most come with a variety of pattern nozzles.

Saftey: If you are working in confined spaces, you can actually blow something back at you, at very high speed...Wear proper eye protection and clothing.

5. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    They also work great for cleaning metal egg trays for the cabinet style incubators.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, I dunno. That's men stuff. [​IMG]

I know it's black and yellow, does that help? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by