What kind of pullet is this??

JediMasterCook

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2017

Hello all, we are brand new to the chicken world. We are really enjoying them so far. They are a lot of fun to watch.

We purchased chicks from cackle hatchery. They are a little over 5 weeks old now. They threw us in two extras I'm guessing to compensate for one that didn't catch that we ordered. We thought they sent us two extra Silver Laced Wyandotte, but now that they're getting their feathers two of them do not look like the three that are definitely Silver Laced Wyandotte. Here is an image. I had a feeling it might be a golden laced Wyandotte, but I'm not certain. Any help?

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and congrats on your new chicks. I hope the breed / gender peeps can help you out.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif

redsoxs has given you a good link to find out the breed of your chick.

Best of luck!

When you post on the gender/breed site please use pictures without the red light. The redness interferes with seeing combs, legs etc. in the correct coloring. Also mention age at time of photo. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

G’Day from down under JediMasterCook
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received a link to the Breed & Gender Forum, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom