What kind of pullets are these? *2 new pics added*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVChickenFarmer, Aug 22, 2011.

1. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Ok, since I got some help on my rooster post. I figured maybe some of you experts could help me figure out what kind pullets I have.

Gracie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gloria
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Five
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Midnight (she is hard get good pics of) she is really pretty in real life has hint of green to her feathers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss Daisy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    That one with the greenish legs (Gloria) is probably either an Ameraucana or EE I think...not sure if that color is considered pure Ameraucana or an EE. Not really sure since I don't see any beard or muffs and I can't tell if it has a pea comb, but I don't know of any other chickens with greenish legs. [​IMG] Do any of the others have greenish tinted legs?

ETA: It kind of looks like Gracie and Five also have greenish tinted legs? I can't really tell.

3. brandoncakes

brandoncakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Kailua, HI
    First 2: Easter Eggers (i see green legs and slight beards
    3rd: Possibly Sumatra? Body doesn't look very long, but the dark legs/beak/facial skin tell me Sumatra
    4th: Silver Laced Wyandotte? Can't really see the comb, does it look single or rose/pea?

4. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Yeah I agree
    1st--EE which I just Love--Love--Love her color--sort of rare
    Than more likely Sumatra
    Than SLW (looks like mine)

They are all beautiful.. [​IMG]

5. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Thanks you all. So you all think Gracie & Gloria are both EE's? The thing is though Gracie has grey legs and Gloria has the green legs. No one has any idea what midnight might be?

Here is another pic of Gracie
    [​IMG]

I can't believe I forgot this little girl. This one is Cracker.
    [​IMG]

6. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:Daisy has a single comb or looks like to me. She has a really tiny comb right now. She is little over 2 months old.

7. Prisserbabe

Prisserbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    In my opinion I think that 1 and 2 kinda look like blue andalusion and midnight might be a black australorp because mine black australorp has greenish tint feathers also but i dont know this is just my opinion

8. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Quote:I am REALLY new to all of this, but could Gracie possibly be a Lavender Orpington?? I just looked up some images on Google and I think she looks a lot like the young pullets that haven't started to get the red comb yet. I could be way off though since I don't really know much about the different breeds yet.

9. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Gracie is pure breed .She seems to have green legs, that means Splash Jersey Giant.If Midnight Feet are yelow she is Giant too, if pink -Orpington.
    Five and Cracker are mixes. Cracker probably Buff Orpington mix.
    Miss Daisy is Hatchery Singlecombed Wyandotte.
    Nice girls you have there.

10. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:Gracie and Gloria are to different pullets. Gracie is in like the first 2 pics and Gloria in next 2 after that. What is a Splash Jersey Giant? never heard of them? She is not very big. I need look under Midnight's feet that is if she will let me. She hates being picked up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by