What kind of pullets are these?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by talleywacker, Nov 22, 2010.

1. talleywacker

talleywacker New Egg

Nov 22, 2010
    Talihina, OK
    I ordered about fifty chicks in September. Since I had babies, and found a couple cochin chicks at Atwoods I wanted, I purchased six or eight and added them to my ordered chicks. These two pullets somehow made it into my flock, but I have no idea from where, or what they are. I ordered Dutch, d'Uccle, Pyncheon and Sebright, and I bought Silkie, Cochin and three little tiny unknowns. The first one turned out to be a mottled Jap roo, sadly my dog caught him. These are the other two, a porcelain mille fleur and the other a buff, or white. They are smaller than the Pyncheon, no rosecomb, no featherlegs.....they rule out all other breeds. I didn't know Japs came in mille fleur. I have no idea what they are, do you?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. TheFeatheredTempest

TheFeatheredTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    NW Illinois
    [​IMG] Do you have pictures we can look at?

3. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    The second looks like a Red Pyle oegb, what hatchery did you order from?

4. talleywacker

talleywacker New Egg

Nov 22, 2010
    Talihina, OK
    Welp, but I belive these were in the group I purchased from Atwoods because of the breeds I ordered. Now that you mention it, she does look like Red Pyle. That never crossed my mind. But what else comes in Porc. Mille Fluer?

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I believe Old English Games bantams also come in Porcelin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by