What kind of roo am I? I was an extra

babsbag

Songster
10 Years
Jan 12, 2010
Anderson, CA
I got this great beautiful rooster from a friend. She got him as an extra exoctic from McMurray. Can anyone tell me what he is?

Seabright, Old English Game, ?

He is a little bigger than my banties, but not as big as my LF Columbian Wyandottes.

Also, if you know what he is can you tell me what color variety he is?
Thanks.

47005_fancy_pants.jpg

He is very pretty, and mild mannered. My baby chickie roosters chase him and I have to intervene. No mean birdies allowed here. My older hens protect him
smile.png

He has very long legs, and slicked down feathers at the top of his legs so he looks like he is wearing pants. Hence the name Mr. Fancy Pants.

He has the right comb for a Hamburg, and a very long tail. But the comb also looks right for a seabright. But aren't seabrights only bantam size? He is bigger than my banties. I don't think he has a seabright tail, at least not from the pictures I have seen.

Not a Silver Sebright. Tail is all wrong. And Sebrights are true bantams, without any large fowl versions. The feather coloring is more splashy than a Sebright's penciling or whatever the pattern is called.

REALLY Handsome fella, though!

I am hoping that he does well here, but I don't have a like kind lady friend for him. The one BIG thing he has going for him is that he was vaccinated for Marek's at the hatchery and lived in a Marek's free environment for the first 5 months or so. Since I have Marek's in my flock I hope his vaccine holds (I may do another one in a few months). He may be the only chicken I have left when this disease is done running its course.
hit.gif

But I must say, he is gorgeous and I feel very lucky to have him.

Back
Top Bottom