What kind of roo is this Giant Rooster???? He is crazy giant!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 202roosterlane, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Is this a Brahma? Can anyone give me a better idea of what kind of rooster this is? Thank you. I purchased him from a BYC member and forgot to ask. He was soooo pretty I just plain forgot. He is huge 10+ and crows often and LOUD. He is always looking for a fight. Does not seem to fly. The top of his feet are more white and the backside and bottom of his feet are pinkish. Is not a bad rooster at all just does not understand he will never get through the fence to the adjoing run where the other rooster is. Is probably 1-2 years old. Thank you
    Please tell me if you think he is mixed breed or if it would be okay for my granddaughter to show him at the fair. :)[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Brahmas have feathered feet, so that is not it. He is a looker!

3. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    He reminds me of an EE I had before.

4. 202roosterlane

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Are EEs that large? Hmmm I wonder if he is a mixture of several breeds down the line and just turned out big a pretty. He is so pretty, we want to show him but I think they have to be pure breed to show them right. They should have a category for big and pretty:lol:[​IMG]

5. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    You sure he's not a small feathered dinosaur? I think he's a mix, a big and cool looking mix.

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I would say Brahma x EE mix....

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I would guess he is an extra large EE. Very nice looking bird.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Don't EE's usually have slate or greenish legs, though?

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hrm, this one is a brain-teaser. Pink legs arn't common, so that narrows it down a bit (I would have guessed part Jersey Giant if it wasn't for them). And his size would narrow it down more to heavy breeds. I'd say you've got a EE crossed with a Light Sussex. That would explain the dark tail, the size, the white legs, and some of his body coloring.

RareFeathersFarm - unfortunately EEs are not a standard breed, and people can do whatever they want with them genetically. Your ideal EE will have colored legs, but it's not a guarentee.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  10. 202roosterlane

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I know right?[​IMG]:lau

Quote:He is a pistol and a keeper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by