What kind of Roo is this?

gracejr

Songster
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
My mother (who told me last week she wasn't ready for chickens yet!) was given a rooster over the weekend. He belonged to their friend, and he was being picked on by the dominant rooster there, so he needed a new home. They have no idea what he is, other than being a bantam. Any ideas? Whatever he is, he's a cutie. And don't worry, the space he's in there isn't their final setup. They just had to scramble to put him somewhere the dogs couldn't get him.

On a related note... Do EEs come in bantam size? She wants some colorful eggs. They're looking to find a pair of bantam hens to go with him, not sure what they'll wind up with yet.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that was quick!!
bow.gif

I was guessing bantam wyandotte myself, but I would guess he might be mixed. Sure is a chunky looking little fellow. And yes, there are bantam easter eggers and bantam ameraucanas. MPC sells bantam EE chicks, but I'm not sure what the minimum is with bantams...

Couple pics of Reggie with his new girlfriend Regina. She just got the hen yesterday from a friend (cochin maybe? Do they come in bantam?), and is already itching for more birds.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom