What kind of rooster do I have?

AndJ

Hatching
Jun 18, 2020
About two months ago, someone dropped two roosters off in a vacant lot across the street from my house. They were there for a few days before one of them got hit by a car. The other rooster crossed the road and ended up at my house. I don't have chickens, but I live in the semi-country and have a large, fenced in yard, so I took him in. I have never had a chicken before, much less a stray one, but I lurked on this site and a few others because I know roosters have it rough in the grand scheme of things and I want to help this boy live his best life. He is very friendly and loves to be petted. He's been with me for about a month and a half and seems to be thriving. My only question is does anyone know what breed he is? His coloring is definitely of the partridge variety - I've attached a photo, but it doesn't show his back, which has kind of a laced pattern, with orange and beetle green. He's black and fluffy on his underside. He is also beginning to get feathers down the outside of his legs as of the last few weeks. His name is Rusty Rooster. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 48
Kudo's to you for taking in a stray. The two sweetest large breed hens I have are red sex link strays that showed up at my door last year.

Back
Top Bottom