What kind of rooster do we have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TxChiknRanchers, Aug 18, 2007.

1. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    I would like to upload a picture of my little rooster, but when I use the Img tag, only the text shows in the post preview. As you can probably tell - I am VERY new to forums and could use some basic help before going any further!! Any help is appreciated [​IMG]

2. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    thank you thank you thank you - will be back shortly with a picture of my little man

3. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Here he is - he is very small - much smaller than the buffs (second picture).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Haha, so cute! SO small :p.

Sorry not sure what kind he is, maybe a old english game of some sort?

5. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Well, thanks for trying, anyway! He is cute - and he comes when I call him - and funniest of all - he whistles like a song bird!

6. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    OHhhh he is so cute... not sure what he is... does look like a game type... when I first looked at him I thought phesant... but I know that can not be correct... beautiful colors though!!!!! Good luck finding out! Tes

7. naked_neck

naked_neck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2007
    louisiana
    looks kinda like a BB red OEGB except for the barring on his wings. very pretty roo

8. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    He is a young bb red old english game bantam. The brown barring is because he hasn't molted out all his young chick feathers. He is a beautiful rooster!

9. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Thank you for the info! However, being new at this I'm still learning all of the acronyms. Can you tell me what BB stands for? I see that OEGM=Old English Game Bantam.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by