What kind of rooster is Chaos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Whitney13, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Whitney13

Whitney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Malvern, AR
    This is my rooster Chaos and I would like to know what kind of chicken he is. He is ten-ish weeks old. I can't look at his parents because his dad could be any of ten different roosters and his mother was bush hogged while he was hatching, thats how I ended up with him. He is a MEAN chicken. He attacks me and he has a feather collection from the chickens that get to close to his cage. He has been seperated for his own safety because he attacks the big hens too. At ten weeks he is as big as my sixteen week old Sumatras, so he is going to be big. Also I would like to know what color he is?
    Thanks,
    Whitney

This is chaos right before he attacked the camera.
    [​IMG]
    This is him walking away after he got in trouble.
    [​IMG]
    This is so you can see what color he is.
    [​IMG]

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    IDK but I love that name for a rooster chaos!!!

3. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Sounds to me like a Soup Rooster! [​IMG] Any bird that attacks me and doesn't respond to being put in their place, will end up in the stew/soup pot!

4. Whitney13

May 14, 2010
    Malvern, AR
    He earned it. He hatched two days early so his mom wouldn't leave the nest and she got bush hogged when he was half hatched. So our neighbor called and asked if we wanted another chicken, he forgot to mention it had just hatched. So he had to go in the incubator until I could set up a brooder. Then he got splay legs and he wouldn't sleep at night unless he could see me. So I woke up about 15 times a night until I put him in a bird cage and set him on my dresser so he could see me. Then he scream everytime I left the room. When he was two weeks old he moved outside(still in his brooder) and he would scream all night. Now that he is "grown up" he attacks everything within reach. He also refuses to fly. He will jump up on his perch and jump to grab a peice of grass but he doesn't use his wings even when he is trying to escape when I move him to a differnt cage to clean his. Since I got him life has been chaotic so I thought the name Chaos was appropriate.

I like him to much to eat him, he has "spunk". I think I will just build him his own seperate pen.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  5. Whitney13

May 14, 2010
    Malvern, AR
    anybody have any guesses?

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Well I've got one who looks a bit like him (all of his saddle feathers are stippled, though and he has feathery legs) and his parentage is Brahma X Warren. (Warren = RIRX Light Sussex).....so mines a true mutt. Mine is very gentle though.

Sandie

7. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I thought a picture of my guy would help....

[​IMG]

Sandie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by