What kind of rooster is this?

hmbelk

Chirping
10 Years
May 14, 2010
I got a rooster this weekend and I simply cannot remember what kind he is. I was looking at several different ones and I just picked out the one I liked best. I know she said that his babies would lay green eggs but that's all I remember. I'm breeding him to my barred rock hens.
57501_r1.jpg

Here is a better pic of his comb. It's very large (comparing it to my barred rock hens) and it flops over to one side.
57501_r2.jpg

It does, doesn't it? I think he's very handsome but I'm probably not the best judge since he's mine!
big_smile.png

Thank you so much for your help. Now I even know what kind of comb he has.
I found out yesterday that the eggs were fertile (and the rooster has only been here since late Saturday afternoon). So I was going to start leaving one clutch alone and just getting the eggs from my other hen. Only my 3yo took it upon himself to gather eggs today and got the one from the hen I wanted to sit. Wouldn't have been so bad because I could have just put it right back but on his way up the stairs to the back door he dropped it and it cracked! Oh well guess I'll have to start letting her lay eggs for hatching starting tomorrow.

Ps. Guess what my 3 yo and 16 mo are having for lunch? Yes eggs!

Back
Top Bottom