1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of roosters are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVChickenFarmer, Nov 29, 2011.

1. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    I was just curious if any one knew what breed or breeds these roosters are. They are both around 6 months old and are both crowing. They are leaving here today. But I just wanted to know what they might be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry not best pictures of this one..he is kind of hard to get any pictures of.
    [​IMG]

Picture with some of the pullets
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I would guess Blue Orpington and Black Sexlink.

3. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    blue orpington and a barred rock mix.

4. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Ok, thanks. Are the blue orpington roosters suppose to be pretty friendly roosters? That is what my FIL said. But I have no idea. The barred rock mix looking one tried to flog me. But the other one never tried to bother me. But he was not real friendly. Even though I had both as chicks.

They are both gone now. My Father in Law is taking them to a friend he knows to live on a farm. He was trying get me keep the blue orp..but I was afraid he would try to flog my kids. So I just decided to get rid of him too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by