1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of silkie mix is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SAM1646, Sep 28, 2010.

1. SAM1646

SAM1646 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    Washington Twp, Mi
    Can someone tell me what this silkie is mixed with. My friend picker it up and was told that this was a partridge silkie. Dont think So???

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Got any better pics? It could possibly be a partridge silkie (right color for a chick) but they're kinda rare. . .

3. SAM1646

Aug 21, 2010
    Washington Twp, Mi
    I just happened to have a cmaera phone on my its the wing feathers that concern me.... ifyou click on the picture is blows it up for you

4. SAM1646

Aug 21, 2010
    Washington Twp, Mi
    I just happened to have a cmaera phone on my its the wing feathers that concern me.... ifyou click on the picture is blows it up for you

5. Rachelj07

Rachelj07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    Even after clicking on it, the picture was very dark and hard to see. It could be a partridge silkie, the coloring is right from what I could tell, including the wings. How old is the chick? I seem to hatch out tons of partridge chicks from my silkies when I had a partridge roo, so it's possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by