1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of sound do your silkies or showgirls make?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by thndrdancr, Feb 11, 2008.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I was just curious, cuz my little Dash sounds like a dolphin. She CAN cluck, but I very seldom hear it, its usually this sound that sounds almost exactly like the dolphin recordings.

Is that common, or do I just have a strange lil kid/chicken?
    [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Maybe they are in their squeaky voice stage. :p Mine sound just like all the other birds, just a bit higher pitched!

3. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    I always know when it's Puff (my silkie) carrying on. She has a distinctive high and rusty- sounding voice, like pulling nails out of a piece of wood. [​IMG]

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    One of my delawares makes that dolphin sound when she eats. It's so funny to hear her do it. I have a little partridge cockeral that makes a cooing sound that is so cute. At first I thought he had gotten hurt but checked him over and it's just something he does all the time. Sgt. pepper is a cutie pie too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by