What kind of tomatoes will you be planting this spring?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Andyge, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Andyge

Andyge Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2010
    I will be planting Jaune Flamme Tomato ,Big Beef Tomato ,Sweet 100 tomato and Sun gold tomatoes.

Andy

2. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Black Cherry, green grape, OSU blue, sungold cherry, Mtg. Lifter, Nyagous, Cherokee green, Big Boy, super Boy,Big Rainbow, Early Girl, Constoluto Genovese, Everglade, Dr. Carolyn, Golden Jubilee, and probably some others that I can't remember right now lol.

3. AussieAcres

AussieAcres Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    Amish Paste (12), Better boys (6), and Rutgers (6).

4. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    Brandywine, Beefmaster, Mortgage Lifter, Sweet 100, Amish paste, some other sort of paste that I don't remember, Black Krim, Mr. Stripey, and another orange one whose name escapes me at the moment.

I love my tomatoes.

5. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Flame, Morado, Copia, Dr Wyches Yellow, Plum lemon, Royal Chico, Pantano Romanesco. The Flame tomatoes are delicious with sweet chocolate peppers, red wine vinegar, olive oil and herbs.

6. ChickenRonin

ChickenRonin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Tri-Cities, WA
    Any heritage types that I can get my hands on. I save a HUGE area in my garden for my tomatoes. I am chomping at the bit to get my garden planted this year, I miss the taste of real, fresh veggies!

7. brahmapapa

brahmapapa Chillin' With My Peeps

growing our own veggies is one way to get a hedge against high gas prices, you get to enjoy flavorful veggies, be proud that you grew them, and you don't have to use gas to go buy them.

8. moonlyghtegirl

moonlyghtegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    Chocolate cherry
    Yellow Boy
    Yellow Plum
    Early Girl
    Juliet
    Red Currant

Last year I tried Black Krim and Cherokee Purple - Bothe good producers, but I prefer the smaller tomatoes, they taste less tomatoey and tend to be sweeter to me.

9. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    I found a flat of my all time favorite at an Amish sale last weekend in Kentucky. They are German Johnsons. They are a pink,potato leafed,indeterminate. They get very nice and big and seldom crack. A little late but keep produceing all summer till frost. They will grow as tall as you can stake them!. Hard to find the plants and I was really excited to find a flat of 18 nice three inch pot size plants.

P.S. I had to cover them with straw tonight because it might frost!

10. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    2 flat of Juliets , 12 Parks Whoppers, 12 better boys , 4 yellow boys,4 Mr. Stripey so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by