What kind of Wyandotte and the other is a ????????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ambabya, Oct 14, 2010.

1. ambabya

ambabya Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    This is Cinderella. She did NOT want her picture taken LOL.

[​IMG]

And Ariel. She has a bit of a blue/green sheen to her feathers you can't see in the pictures.

Yes, my children name the chickens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    1st is a BLR

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    First one is a Blue laced red Wyandotte. 2nd looks to be a Partridge Rock.

4. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    1=BLR 2=Barnvelder?

5. ambabya

Oct 10, 2010
    Oh my gosh the woman I got Cinderella from told me she was a Silver laced and the woman I got Ariel from said she was a Red Laced Black. LOL. Clearly I had no idea. Thanks everyone for the input!

6. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Quote:yikes. she is definitely not silver laced. I don't think I'd buy birds from those women again. the first gal is very pretty though.
    It's okay, I got duped when I first got started in chickens with the ameracauna vs EE. I bought some birds, being told Ameracauna, at the time, I'd never heard of them, so knew no different, just liked the looks. I post their pics and am told, EE. But, I love my EE's. they are my favorites.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    First is a blue laced red Wyandotte. Second is not a Wyandotte OR a Rock. The feet color say it's a mutt or something else. . .

8. ambabya

Oct 10, 2010
    Quote:yikes. she is definitely not silver laced. I don't think I'd buy birds from those women again. the first gal is very pretty though.
    It's okay, I got duped when I first got started in chickens with the ameracauna vs EE. I bought some birds, being told Ameracauna, at the time, I'd never heard of them, so knew no different, just liked the looks. I post their pics and am told, EE. But, I love my EE's. they are my favorites.

These were my first birds and I had NO idea. I was going to get 5 Barred Rock and call it good but the kids had other ideas. We picked out who we took a fancy too. I don't really care what they are but I'd like to know lol.

9. ambabya

Oct 10, 2010
    Quote:I was beginning to think she wasn't a Wyandotte. Can you explain about the feet color? I'm clueless.

10. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Cinderella is a splash BLR and ariel looks like a Partridge Rock... but I think ariel is a rooster??? At least that's a big comb an wattles.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by