1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of Wyandotte chicks are these? (first time BYC owners)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenWifey, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ChickenWifey

ChickenWifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    My husband and I got our first chickens 2 weeks ago and we ordered and assortment of Wyandotte chickens. We just dont know what they will look like when they get older. Can you help us out with what kind these are?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The black and white one is a silver laced and will turn into something like this:

[​IMG]

3. ChickenWifey

Mar 26, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    So the middle one with more black will look like that? Cool! She is very pretty!!

4. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    The top looks like a columbian wyandotte, the bolttom could be a buff or a splash color of blue(but I would doubt that from hatchery peeps-if that's where they came from ). The top 2 look like boys, can't tell the bottom one since her face is turned.

5. ChickenWifey

Mar 26, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    I need to post a better picture of all of them, but here is the face of the bottom one

[​IMG]

6. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011

Yup! Thanks :)

7. countrygirl36

countrygirl36 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2012
    the second one is a silver laced(the black one) ad the last oe might be a white wyandotte

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by