What kind/sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wxdude99, Nov 4, 2008.

1. wxdude99

wxdude99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Montgomery Area
  2. wxdude99

Sep 26, 2008
    Montgomery Area
    I think I messed the image post up. Here it is. Hopefully...

[​IMG]

3. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Picture is not coming through. Mybe you forgot to put a space between last word and your copy/paste?

4. PeeperKeeper

never mind [​IMG] I see it now!

5. PeeperKeeper

I have black sex-links and I think one may be an australope. But they didn't look like this one. I don't know about the white feathers?

6. wxdude99

Sep 26, 2008
    Montgomery Area
    I worried they might have sent me a rooster instead. It's so much bigger than the other chicks. And it has big feet. Also, it doesn't peck around like the others. It just sits around and rarely stands up.

7. joerogrz

joerogrz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Loretto, TN
    I have some Australorps about that age and it looks like mine. The white will go away from what I understand... Judging from the little bit I know of Aussies, yours looks like a female. I think the females have more developed feathers at that age than the males.

Something else to look for as far as it being an Aussie is the color on the bottom of the feet. It should be white not yellow.

And if it's sitting around most of the time, something may be wrong with it. I had two do that and one died, but that was when they were less than a week old. The one that lived turned out to be a runt.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  8. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    From what I can see, she looks like she has white under her feet (from the pink inbetween each toe). I agree, it looks like a female to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by