What kinda chickens do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shicken1icken, Nov 28, 2016.

1. shicken1icken

shicken1icken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    Hi I was wondering if any of you could help me identify my chickadees? This is what I was told was a buff. But apparently not?

[​IMG]

2. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

I thought this one was a barred rock.

3. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

This mostly black chick seems to have an orange tint to it.

4. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

This one is mostly white with orange and black streaks. Not sure if the picture is showing that. Thanks in advance all.

5. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

I read that silkies have feathers on their feet. Is this a silkie?

6. Des R

Des R Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2016
    Maryland / Delaware
    Others will chime in that know more than me. All I know is what I can compare to mine. The yellow looks exactly like my Buff Orpingtons (super super sweet birds). The black and white looks just like my Barred Rock, but I think there is another breed or two that look like that... like a Dominique or a cockerel black sex link. I have some pullet black sex links that are all black with a bit of copper color on the their chests (they started all black when they were young, and they got more copper as they got older). I don't have any white birds. Not sure if that helps or not but hey are super cute! Enjoy them.

7. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California

Thank you that is helpful. I was told that I had buff orpingtons and barred rock at the feed store where I bought them. However I was recently til different, so I thought I'd get a second opinion. The Black sex link makes sense, if they are the buff and barred rock I assumed they were. However, I will continue to research. Thanks again.

8. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    First is a buff Orpington. Next could be a barred Rock, or Dominique depending on comb. What kind of comb does the white/orange one have? I think I see green legs so it could be an EE, or a mix. The feathered legged one isn't a silkie. They have black skin, 5 toes, and silkied feathers. Could be a light Brahma depending on what comb it has, or possibly a mix.

9. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California
    [​IMG] this is the black one's comb. IDK if it a good picture, or if it is still too young.

10. shicken1icken

Nov 28, 2016
    Southern California

This is the white and orange one. I hope this is better.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by