What kinda music do y'all like?

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
This might not come as a surprise but I listen to country. Not all this new crappy stuff that's coming out, although I do love Bucky Covington...he's from NC. I like REAL outlaw country. Waylon, Willie, Haggard, David Allan Coe, Johnny Cash and so on.

What do y'all listen to?

BTW...Did PurpleChicken's rooster convince you to change your avatar to the more sultry SouthernChick...
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16796

Oh I do LOVE Gordon Lightfoot. Me and DH's song is Gordon Lightfoot's "Beautiful".

Haha, I was cleaning my guest room this weekend and found my old modeling portfolio from when I was 18. I've always loved this picture and just wanted to use it as my avatar.

Here's the other 2 I was thinking of using:
DSC00356.jpg

My nickname has always been Pocahontas and this picture (below) was called the Pocahontas picture. I guess because you can't really tell I'm half native unless I have a good tan and you get my cheek bones at that angle. IDK
DSC00355.jpg

Last edited:
I listen to emo, pop punk, alternative rock and the like, but absolutely hate and despise the image that goes with it.

My chemical romance
Jimmy eat world
Panic! at the disco
Fall out boy
Taking back sunday
Thursday
Something corporate
AFI
Snow patrol
The academy is

and many more....

Quote:
I've heard of some of those. I do like Fall out boy and My chemical romance, not all their songs but 1 or 2 from each band.

First of all, BOB DYLAN, BOB DYLAN, AND MORE BOB DYLAN
Can't get enough of that man. I can't wait to get the DYLAN album coming out next month......can't seem to convince my husband it's a great buy since I've got (according to him) every last thing he's put out. I SOOO do not, but try to tell him that!

Also:

Townes Van Zandt - hey Southern, do you like him too?
The Old Crow Medicine Show
Janis Joplin
Johnny Cash
Patsy Cline - nobody sings like they've got a knife in their heart like she does, whoa
Bob Marley
Jimi Hendrix

I just like a whole bunch of stuff. I don't like all that growling/screaming stuff. Gives me a headache.

Last edited:
The myspace is run by his wife, as he died in '97 (if it's the correct myspace). Anyhow, go to my myspace page and I've got one of his songs on there. His BEST song, in my opinion.

Since you like Willie, I'm sure you're familiar with Pancho and Lefty. That's Townes Van Zandt's song. Willie just made it famous.

My myspace is at http://www.myspace.com/eggcetrafarms

Back
Top Bottom