What kinda Mutts...?

KsTornado11

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Kansas
...are these guys? A guy told me he had some nice EE roos,so I sent my husband & son to go get 2. This is what they came home with!! Not even close to EEs.
roll.png

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

I don't know what breed are in the pics, but I do know that EEs come in all kinds of colors. It's the blue-egg gene they carry, not necessarily the feather colors.

Quote:
I am aware of that,but these guys aren't even close to being EEs. wrong kinda combs,legs,no muffs,etc.

Wish you lived closer... I have some EE roos that need new homes
tongue.png

They're pretty though... maybe they are part EE. EEs have no standard, though , ya, they usually are muffed, green legged, etc.

Some folks call any cross bred chicken an EE. I would agree that they should closer resemble the ameraucana type (muffs/beard/pea comb, etc), but everyone has their own opinions on that. Who knows...maybe they were sold to them from a hatchery as an EE. We all know anything goes with that and people simply pass on the misinformation they were presented with.

Jody

Well,the guy advertised Americanas (hatchery spelling,LOL) and the pullets were gone,so I asked if he by chance had any Americana roos left,as ours got onto the road & hit by a car. He said he did,some nice RED ones. Was having a guy come this morning to butcher the rest of the roos. I asked him to save me the RED ones ( from how he talked,I expected that they were likely "whatevers" lol ) but gosh,these guys don't have a red feather ANYWHERE on them!! Made me mad,not that they were mutts,as EEs always are,but heck is he colorblind,as well as having no clue about the breeds??
he.gif

Anyway,my 5 year old loves one of the mutts,so I guess we're stuck w/ him. I have a small flock of 7 EE pullets,and was really wanting a nice roo for them,for when they begin to lay. They are not near Ameraucana standard,but very nice stock as far as EEs go. I really love the muffed,super-colorful,
awesome layers,super-friendly EEs Cackle has,& I wanted a nice roo to breed them to.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom