what kinds of chickins do tractory supply sale

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leethechickensguy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. leethechickensguy

leethechickensguy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    what kinds of chicks do tractory supply sale?

2. patti'speeps

patti'speeps Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    Greensburg, Indiana
    I work for Tractor Supply in Greensburg Indiana, and the chicks we get in are determined by the corporate office. Usually by what sold the most the previous year. But, if you talk to the manager of your local store he can order in certain breeds other than what is usually sent. We get our chicks from Mt. Healthy hatchery in Ohio. I'm sure every district is different where they get there chicks from. last season we ordered in turkey chicks for a customer and my manager said he can usually order whatever the customer wants. A minimum number is required though. He said he can get me pheasant chicks in this season if I need them. My husband and I raise ringneck pheasant and bobwhite quail. Just talk to the manager of your local store and ask what he can do for you. Hope this helps. ________________________ Proud parent of Bobwhite Quail,Ringneck pheasant,Peafowl,many many breeds of Bantams,Guineas,Cucko Marans,1 very old dog,2 mischevious cats and one very very understanding husband.[​IMG]

3. patti'speeps

patti'speeps Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Forgot to mention the breeds we carried this last spring, sorry:( We had Leghorns, Black Jersey Giants, Wyandottes, assorted Bantams, Ameracaunas, Turkey poults, assorted breeds of ducklings, Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps,New Hampshire Reds. Not all at the same time of course, but over the course of the 8 weeks. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by