What kinds of duck do i have?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by momtoducks, May 6, 2016.

1. momtoducks

momtoducks New Egg

May 5, 2016
    The dark one showed up in my backyard with a green piece of tape on its foot. It was so small it fit in the palm of my hand just a ball of fuzz. It was lethargic I was worried and did not know what to do so I took it to the feed store thinking they wold know what to do with it maybe keep it No I left with 2 ducks and $60 in supplies[​IMG]. I was told they were a week old the dark one being the same size was the same. I think its a little older it is feathering first. We love them very much even though I was not so keen at first.They are about 4 to 5 weeks now and very different. My girl's named the dark one tumbles and the one with the fro is ducky mo mo. Anyone know what kind they are? Male's or female's? And do I need to worry about more baby's?

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Unfortunately, theres no pic in your post. I would suggest trying again, but posting it in the "Duck" forum so the duck experts can help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid I'm not a duck person but I see you have posted in the duck section. I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you with your ducks.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm sure the duck folks will be able to help you out. [​IMG]

6. bell1774

bell1774 Just Hatched

May 28, 2016
    Lexington,NC
    [​IMG]

This is my duck. I also have another that's hello but looks the same. I have no idea what kind they are and TSC didn't say. Please help. I need to know because I want to know weather to clip their wings and stuff like that. They run a lot but also waddle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by